Elena Tocci is Researcher at the CNR Institute on Membrane Technology in Rende (IT) since 2001. She is an expert in computational chemistry with a M.Sc. in Chemistry and a PhD in Chemical and new materials technologies at the University of Calabria, Italy.
She has spent, in recent years, several periods in foreign Institutions as a visiting scientist.
Supervisor of the scientific research activities of several fellowships, contract researchers, PhDs students, etc. developed or in progress at the ITM-CNR and responsible of formation activities. Member of the Organizing Committee of international conferences. She participated with responsibility in several research and bi-lateral projects funded by the European Union, the Ministry of Education and Research of Italy, the Calabria Region.
Her research activity is related to simulation and modeling of membranes and membrane operations: Molecular dynamics simulations, for the study of transport properties of gases and vapours in dense amorphous glassy membranes; Modelling of morphological properties of amorphous glassy membranes and in high free volume polymers (glassy perfluoropolymers and polymers of intrinsic microporosity); Modelling of transport of solutes for reverse osmosis application and water applications; Mesoscale modeling of nanostructured polymeric materials.
- Carmen Rizzuto, Alessio Caravella, Adele Brunetti, Chi Hoon Park, Young Moo Lee, Enrico Drioli, Giuseppe Barbieri and Elena Tocci*, Sorption and Diffusion of CO2/N2 in gas mixture in thermally-rearranged polymeric membranes: A molecular investigation Journal of Membrane Science 528 (2017) 135–146 DOI:10.1016/j.memsci.2017.01.025
- Chi Hoon Park, Elena Tocci*, Enrica Fontananova, Mohammed A. Bahattab, Saad A. Aljlil, Enrico Drioli, Mixed matrix membranes containing Functionalized Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes: Mesoscale Simulation and Experimental Approach for Optimizing Dispersion, Journal of Membrane Science 514 (2016) 195–209, DOI:10.1016/j.memsci.2016.04.011
- Yulia Rogan, Richard Malpass-Evans, Mariolino Carta, John C. Jansen, Paola Bernardo, Gabriele Clarizia, Elena Tocci, Karel Friess, Marek Lanc, Neil B. McKeown, A highly permeable polyimide with enhanced selectivity for membrane gas separations, Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2014, 2, 4874-4877 DOI: 10.1039/c4ta00564c.
- Elena Tocci*, Luana De Lorenzo, Paola Bernardo, Gabriele Clarizia, Fabio Bazzarelli, Neil B. Mckeown, Mariolino Carta, Richard Malpass-Evans, Karel Friess, Kryštof Pilnáček, Marek Lanč, Yuri. P. Yampolskii, Ludmila Strarannikova, Viktor Shantarovich, Michele Mauri, Johannes C. Jansen, Molecular Modelling and Gas Permeation Properties of a Polymer of Intrinsic Microporosity composed of Ethanoanthracene and Tröger’s base units, Macromolecules, 2014, 47 (22), pp 7900–7916 DOI: 10.1021/ma501469m
- Chi Hoon Park, Elena Tocci*, Young Moo Lee and Enrico Drioli, Thermal treatment effect on the structure and property change between hydroxy-containing polyimides (HPIs) and thermally rearranged polybenzoxazole (TR-PBO), Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 2012, 116(42), 12864–12877
- Luana De Lorenzo, Elena Tocci*, Annarosa Gugliuzza, Enrico Drioli, Assembly of nanocomposite PEBAX membranes: A complementary study of affinity and clusterization phenomena, Journal of Membrane Science, (412-422), (2012), pp. 75-84 DOI information: 10.1016/j.memsci.2012.06.050
- Darvishmanesh, S.; Vanneste, J.; Tocci, E.; Jansen, J. C.; Tasselli, F.; Degreve, J.; Drioli, E.; Van der Bruggen, B., Physicochemical characterization of solute retention in solvent resistant nanofiltration: the effect of solute size, polarity, dipole moment, and solubility parameter, J. Phys. Chem. B 2011, 115, 14507–14517.
- J. C. Jansen, M. Macchione, E. Tocci, L. De Lorenzo, Yu. P. Yampolskii, O. Sanfirova, V. P. Shantarovich, M. Heuchel, D. Hofmann, E. Drioli, Comparative study of different probing techniques for the analysis of the free volume distribution in amorphous glassy perfluoropolymers, Macromolecules 42 (2009) 7589-7604. DOI: 10.1021/ma901244d.